[Xen-users] Connecting separate VMs to separate displays [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

  • To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Lucas, Martin" <Martin.Lucas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 09:54:32 +0930
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 17:25:19 -0700

UNCLASSIFIED

Hi,

We currently have a test network that is simulating a corporate network, that we are using to do our research. It consists of 7 PCs, with 5 VMs spread between them. What we are looking at doing is Virtualising them. What would need to do is have 4 of these VMs connected to individuals displays as we need a GUI to interact with the VMs to do our research. It seems to me that Virtualising is best for running servers that people interact with over the network (eg HTTP, Database, RDP etc etc), I'm not sure if what we would like to do is even possible. I have done a lot of Googling but haven't found much to help me. Can anyone tell me is what I am proposing is possible (eg connect different VMs to different displays)?

Thanks,

Martin.

IMPORTANT: This email remains the property of the Australian Defence Organisation and is subject to the jurisdiction of section 70 of the Crimes Act 1914. If you have received this email in error, you are requested to contact the sender and delete the email.