[Xen-users] RE: CDROM access under GPLPV

Quoting from http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emulators.xen.user/48741:

>> Hi All,
>>
>> Has anyone worked out a way of accessing a CDROM from a Windows guest while
>> using the GPLPV drivers?
>>
>> I don't really mind whether access is mapped to the physical device or an ISO
>> image, as long as I can change the media without having to reboot the domU.
>>
>> My configuration:
>>
>> dom0 = CentOS 5.3, Xen 3.3.1
>> domU = Windows Server 2008 64-bit, GPLPV version 0.10.0.69
>>
>> Tried the following disk specs in the domU config - with the same result:
>>
>> disk = [ 'phy:/dev/cciss/c0d0p3,xvda,w', 'phy:/dev/hda,hdc:cdrom,r' ]
>> disk = [ 'phy:/dev/cciss/c0d0p3,xvda,w', 'file:/iso/cdrom.iso,hdc:cdrom,r' ]
>>
>> What I can see under Windows is
>>
>> * a yellow exclamation mark in Device Manager on device "Intel 82371SB PCI
>> Bus
>> Master IDE Controller"
>>
>> * two devices "Xen Block Device Driver" under Storage Controllers
>>
>> * no sign of a CDROM drive in either Explorer or Disk Management
>>
> Can you upgrade to 3.4.1? All of these problems are solved there.
>
> James

Is there another way around this with the Xen 3.2-1 available in Debian?  I'm
trying to stay with the packages available in lenny/stable, and having to mix
packages from the other repositories is not a clean solution.  I'm hitting this
on both 0.10.0.98 and 0.10.0.86 of the GPLPV drivers release.  Might an older
release suffice, or does this just indicate that GPLPV is not appropriate if we
wish to continue to use the Xen 3.2-1 hypervisor found in Lenny?

Thanks!,

--J