[Xen-users] How to force xm create to allow same disk mounted to more than one quest

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: mghofran@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 08:17:49 -0400
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 05:18:43 -0700

In my system I'd like to be able to share one disk among multiple xen quests and boot them up using this shared disk. Is it possible to set a flag somewhere to avoid the following error.

# xm create guest2 kernel="/TMP/vmlinuz" ramdisk=/TMP/initrd.img bootloader="" extra=rescue
Using config file "./guest2".
Error: The uname "/dev/sdz" is already used by another domain

What I am trying to do is to have one disk which it's boot partition would show a menu to choose different OS from it while the logical volumes in that one disk would point to different OS.

Any help is appreciated.

# uname -r
2.6.18-164.el5xen

Matthew