Re: [Xen-users] XenLinux: backport newer tg3 driver?

Il giorno 01/ott/09, alle ore 18:45, Jorge Armando Medina ha scritto:
The same for HP ML150G5, I had to install ubuntu 2.6.24 xen kernel which has problems with ACPI on those servers, they never shutdown, I have to push power buttom :S.
OT: I noted on the 160G5 that if you configure one of the onboard ethernet ports for management it has problems with chassis power on / power off commands via IPMI, and that doesn't happen if you use the dedicated mgmt port. Don't know if it is related...

It was added later:
http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-2.6.28.y.git;a=commit;h=126a336822a6594662f5898f1ddf33e6d048fcc7
I wonder if it is possible to backport the driver and include it in some future versions of your support tarball? Gentoo folks included an updated driver in their 2.6.21-xen sources, but I don't know where the patch comes from.
Just for the record, I tried copying tg3.c and tg3.h from gentoo's 2.6.21-xen to xen's 2.6.18 and, without surprise, it didn't compile...

--
Luca Lesinigo