Re: [Xen-users] hvm shutdown hooks

On Sun, Oct 4, 2009 at 3:00 AM, Brian Krusic <brian@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've got a few HVMs which won't shutdown gracefully when dom0 shuts downs.

AFAIK that's the default behavior for HVM domUs.

> These are namely an Ubuntu 7 server which must stay at 7 for now and an
> OSx86 Leopard install which runs some Leopard only software we need.
>
> Do you have any ideas were I can start with this?

You need to make the domU OS Xen-aware. With Windows domU, you can do
this by installing GPLPV (to be specific, shutdown monitor service
will do what you want). With Linux domU, you can either convert the
domU to PV, or install PV drivers (which currently only available for
2.6.18 kernel). I don't think there's anything you can do about
Leopard domU though,

--
Fajar