Re: [Xen-users] Re: elf_init : not an elf binary

In fact I tried Xen 3.2, 3.4 and 3.5 (debian march 2009 build) ; and make-kpkg create a vmlinuz file (and I tried with GZIP and BZIP2 compression in the .config).

Olivier

Christian Tramnitz a écrit :
Olivier B. wrote:
Hi,

on Debian Lenny I tried to setup the last dom0 pv_ops (01478-g2a65ac0), with the xen-hypervisor-unstable from Debian Sid.
I compiled my kernel with "make-kpkg" from Debian.

When I try to launch it (from KVM), I obtain this error : "elf_init : not an elf binary", then "Panic on CPU 0: Could not set up DOM0 guest OS".

Where is my error ?

Thanks,
Olivier

Just guessing, but I think make-kpkg will create a bzImage kernel that earlier (pre 3.4?) Xen/Xen-tools cannot handle.

You'd need to either update Xen (there is also a patch for 3.3.2) or use the plain (or gzipped) vmlinux(-stripped) kernel.

Best regards,
  Christian