Re: [Xen-users] Frequent para (Linux) domU hangs

Hi Nathan, all,

One thing I've just noticed: the two domU's that are frequently hanging
are doing serious (database) I/O from time to time (not always but in
bursts). Both have a relatively high VBD_OO, the domU that just hung had
a VBD_OO of over 800 while the other domU's have very low VDB_OO (4 or 32).

I found this on the Internet:

http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2006-06/msg00812.html

Basically Satoshi suggests in his email that the underlying hardware is
not able to keep up with the I/O requests of these particular domU's (if
I read him well).

I wouldn't mind if the domU's simply slowed down if the hardware can't
keep up... but in my case once they get "there", they hang and do not
seem to return to normal (well we can't afford to wait for days).

Any suggestions to further diagnose (and fix? :-) ) this problem are
very welcome.

kind regards,
Jan