Re: [Xen-users] it's about VifX.Y for a wireless NIC

On Wed, Oct 7, 2009 at 4:35 AM, amina elbekkali <aelbekkali@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi every body.
> I'm working on a laptop with too NIC (Ethernet and wireless) , for the
> Ethernet NIC, the hypervisor xen create the bridge and the virtual interface
> by default, but for the wireless NIC, it doesn't create a bridge so i had to
> create it manually with a command line. the problem is with the virtual
> interface, i couldn't find any method that help to create the virtual
> interface.
> Please do someone know how an create the virtual interface Vif on a bridge
> associated to a wireless NIC??

First of all, I don't think you can use bridging with wireless NIC.
It's a wireless limitation.
What you can do is use bridge+NAT (I prefer this one) or use routing.
Example of bridge + NAT is what libvirt does. It creates a new bridge,
virbr0, and setup NAT rules automatically. You then assign domUs to
use virbr0 bridge.

--
Fajar