Re: [Xen-users] Re: 2.6.31.1 xen and infiniband uverbs

On Fri, 9 Oct 2009, Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:

On Thu, Oct 08, 2009 at 07:29:03PM -0500, Nathan Stratton wrote:

On Thu, 8 Oct 2009, Nathan Stratton wrote:

If I build 2.6.31.1 using latest git add just add infiniband I am able to
use infiniband uverbs without any issues. If I turn on XEN with dom0 in
the config and run that kernel infiniband uverbs does not pass data,
ibv_rc_pingpong just sits there.

Any ideas? Anyone get infiniband and xen working in a kernel? I talked to
the QFED guys and they say that since infiniband works in the 2.6.31.1
kernel just fine that I have to talk to the xen guys. :(

Interesting, the same kernel works if I load it without xen.

Do you get any errors in the dom0 kernel dmesg? Or in Xen hypervisor dmesg/logs?

No errors.

All the drivers load correctly?

Yes, also infiniband ipoib works, only having issues with DMA uverbs.

Also add "loglvl=all guest_loglvl=all" parameters for xen-3.4.1.gz.

You might also want to add "dom0_mem=2G" for xen-3.4.1.gz.
Or something that is less than 4G..  just in case there's some 32bit
counter/variable bug.

Tried that, same.

-Nathan