Re: [Xen-users] file based domu conversion to lvm

On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 7:13 AM, Stephen Ross
<stephen.ross1986@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Personally, I'd simply create a logical volume the same size as the image
> based disk (or bigger if you feel like expanding) and dd it over.

That would be the easiest way.

> On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 6:44 PM, Mike <systems@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> I then used kpartx to expand/mount the image, and with the new lvm mounted
>> I copied the contents of the image into the lvm. I then dismounted the lvm
>> and the image.

>> disk = ['phy:/dev/VolGroup01/vmsname,hda1,w',
>> 'phy:/dev/VolGroup01/vmsname,hda2,w' ]

So in your original setup, the file is mapped as hda while in LVM
setup each LV is mapped as partition (hda1, hda2)?

>> bootloader="/usr/bin/pygrub"

>> When i try to create the vms it hangs until I control+c it. Anyone have
>> any insight? Thanks in advance.

Does "pygrub /dev/VolGroup01/vmsname" work? It should give the similar
output as when you run "pygrub /path/to/your/original/image/file.img".
Also please check whether udev is running (ps -ef | grep udev).

--
Fajar