Re: [Xen-users] netfront support in newer kernels

On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 06:05:00AM -0700, C.J. Adams-Collier wrote:
>    Oops.  Sorry for the ambiguity.  We need the hvm flavor of netfront.

Ok, so you meant Xen PV-on-HVM drivers for Linux (also called "unmodified
drivers").

Those currently exist only for 2.6.18 in the official xen trees.

Novell has forward-port to 2.6.27 kernel, it's included in SLES11 and
possibly in OpenSUSE (not sure about OpenSUSE).

Also I think Redhat guys are working on porting PV-on-HVM drivers to
upstream Linux pv_ops framework, so then they'd work with any upstream
Linux kernels (once included upstream). I think they'll working on porting
them to 2.6.31 pv_ops kernel.

Now the question is why you don't use PV linux guests? PV guests are most
probably faster and you have PV drivers automatically there..

-- Pasi