Re: [Xen-users] OT - mostly

On Sat, Oct 17, 2009 at 3:07 AM,  <jonr@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have a distro that I have to use at work that is custom built. There is no
> way for me to install it as a pv so I am trying to figure out how to make an
> iso that I can then use for an http install. It is already a bootable iso
> but the directory structure does not work with virt-install.
>
> Can anyone point me to a doc that is not distro centered that would explain
> how to create a http repository and what is needed to make virt-install use
> it?

I don't think virt-install can use http install for HVM guest.
What are you trying to do? Install HVM guest? If yes, just use the
bootable ISO.
For most distros you can then convert it to a PV guest later using
either one of the working kernel-xen packages from other distros or a
self-compiled xen/pv_ops kernel.

If you're trying to install it as PV guest but virt-install doesn't
support it (like for Debian/Ubuntu), it might be easier to copy
xen-compatible kernel and initrd to dom0 and create Xen configuration
file by hand.

--
Fajar