RE: [Xen-users] Why Xen will deprecated? Is it to old?

  • To: "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Robbie A. Garrett" <RGarrett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 07:42:11 -0500
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 04:43:15 -0700

I'm a little lost as to why people will switch to KVM or that the some OS force one type of software out in favor of another.

is it because Xen requires a specific kernel to run?
Why so much 'hate' against Xen?

Perhaps it's my old school thinking but Xen works....  rather well and almost right out of the box for 98% of us. If I have to buy commercial (as I have done for some needs) to keep Xen then I will. Until KVM becomes more of a standard (which if OS keep shoving KVM the way they are...  it's going to happen) I will never switch.