Re: [Xen-users] Timeout when automatically getting linux 2.6.18 sources

On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 6:04 PM, Nicolas Muñoz
<nicolas.munoz.zz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am currently trying to (re)install Xen 3.5 unstable on a Debian lenny
> machine. Although I never had troubles with that in the past, it seems that
> the automatic download of linux 2.6.18 sources does not work this time.

3.5 unstable does not use 2.6.18 by default

> I did not change anything to my method of installation, I just do the
> necessary modifications for vTPM handling:

> + git clone http://www.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jeremy/xen.git
> linux-2.6-pvops.git.tmp

exactly.

> error: Connection time-out

Probably network or server error.

You could probably do this to compile xen and userland only
- make xen
- make tools
- make install-xen
- make install-tools

... and then compile the kernel separately. Snapshot of Jeremy's
kernel tree is also available from
http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/jeremy/xen.git;a=summary

--
Fajar