Re: [Xen-users] hardware recommendations please

Am 28.10.2009 06:22, schrieb Luke S Crawford:
> Andrew Lyon <andrew.lyon@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
>>> Take a serious look at ILOM feature it is unique in x86 world.
>
>> Not really unique, dell offer a similar feature using a drac card.
>
> Yes, and everyone else supports IPMI cards that do serial-over-lan.
>
> My experience has been that both DRAC and IPMI are a lot less reliable
> than having a dedicated serial console server and remotely switchable PDUs.
> console servers and rebooters are cheaper, too.

Hm, ILOM is default gear on every sun x86 Server. Also ILOM can do a
thousands more things, it sends you an email if a DIMM or whatever
fails, it allows you access to RKVM and serial console (webui and ssh)
and allows you to remote mount boot media. I use two x4150 here with
opensolaris xvm, I really seldom need to enter the server room, without
any additional requirements.

florian