Re: [Xen-users] How do you give USB to a Windows domU?

On Fri, 2009-10-30 at 13:31 -0600, Nick Couchman wrote:
> On Windows HVMs, the "usbdevice=tablet" takes up the one USB device
> that  you can forward through to the domU.  So, you have to disable
> that, then you can forward through a usb device.  You can use
> "usbdevice=host:xxx.yyy" or "usbdevice=host:aaaa:bbbb" - in the first
> case, it's the bus location where the device is plugged in; in the
> second case it's the vendor ID and device ID of the USB device.
>
> -Nick

I tried to do this and the Vista domU still doesn't see it. Can you tell
what I'm doing wrong? Thanks for all the help.

James

#lsusb
Bus 006 Device 002: ID 03f0:1027 Hewlett-Packard
Bus 006 Device 003: ID 03f0:1327 Hewlett-Packard
Bus 006 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 005 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 004 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0951:1607 Kingston Technology
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000

# xm delete Vista;xm new Vista
Using config file "./Vista".
xen03:/etc/xen/vm # cat Vista
name="Vista"
uuid="abf38e32-96d7-dcdd-ac1c-76a0c62adc1b"
memory=1024
maxmem=1024
vcpus=2
on_poweroff="destroy"
on_reboot="restart"
on_crash="destroy"
localtime=1

builder="hvm"
extid=0
device_model="/usr/lib/xen/bin/qemu-dm"
kernel="/usr/lib/xen/boot/hvmloader"
boot="c"
disk=[ 'file:/xendata2/images/Vista/disk0,hda,w', ]
vif=[ 'mac=00:16:3e:1a:45:41,model=rtl8139,type=ioemu', ]
stdvga=0
vnc=1
vncunused=1
apic=1
acpi=1
pae=1

usb=1
usbdevice='host:0951:1607'

serial="pty"

# xm list -l Vista
(domain
    (domid 2)
    (on_crash destroy)
    (uuid abf38e32-96d7-dcdd-ac1c-76a0c62adc1b)
    (bootloader_args )
    (vcpus 2)
    (name Vista)
    (on_poweroff destroy)
    (on_reboot restart)
    (bootloader )
    (maxmem 1024)
    (memory 1024)
    (shadow_memory 10)
    (features )
    (on_xend_start ignore)
    (on_xend_stop ignore)
    (start_time 1257175085.02)
    (cpu_time 68.597921547)
    (online_vcpus 2)
    (image
        (hvm
            (kernel /usr/lib/xen/boot/hvmloader)
            (hpet 0)
            (stdvga 0)
            (extid 0)
            (serial pty)
            (vncunused 1)
            (boot c)
            (rtc_timeoffset -21600)
            (pci ())
            (pae 1)
            (hap 1)
            (acpi 1)
            (localtime 1)
            (timer_mode 0)
            (vnc 1)
            (nographic 0)
            (guest_os_type default)
            (apic 1)
            (monitor 0)
            (usbdevice host:0951:1607)
            (device_model /usr/lib/xen/bin/qemu-dm)
            (usb 1)
            (xauthority /root/.Xauthority)
            (isa 0)
            (notes (SUSPEND_CANCEL 1))
        )
    )
    (status 2)
    (state -b----)
    (store_mfn 262142)
    (device
        (vif
            (uuid 64a31e5a-120c-d316-3334-c59ec7eb86c6)
            (script vif-bridge)
            (mac 00:16:3e:1a:45:41)
            (model rtl8139)
            (type ioemu)
            (backend 0)
        )
    )
    (device
        (vbd
            (uname file:/xendata2/images/Vista/disk0)
            (uuid 683331e3-5705-0468-6e8d-0a3fa28a24ad)
            (mode w)
            (dev hda:disk)
            (backend 0)
            (bootable 1)
        )
    )
    (device
        (vfb
            (vncunused 1)
            (type vnc)
            (uuid 391189b0-7e08-1c0a-7388-139af4ecf5a1)
            (location 127.0.0.1:5900)
        )
    )
    (device
        (console
            (protocol vt100)
            (location 4)
            (uuid dbd942ab-e7dd-eebf-c092-b434c1acc64b)
        )
    )
)