Re: [Xen-users] [OT] Converting a Hyper-V-VM to XEN

On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 1:29 AM, Thomas Halinka <lists@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> we had Hyper-V running for some Tests.
>
> Now we need the Hardware and i would like to get a Hyper-V-Linux-VM
> running on XEN - convert it, move it - whatever :-)
>

> So first i tried the "lowlevel-"Method with kpartx and rsync, but kpartx
> seems not to recognize the VHD-File...

because it's not plain image file.

What I did was boot the hyper-V guest with system rescue CD
(http://www.sysresccd.org/Main_Page), use dd and send it via ssh to
dom0. This should work for physical servers as well.

After you get the disk image, creating a HVM domU config file is a
trivial matter. You can copy it from exisiting domU with minor
modification.

--
Fajar