[Xen-users] Creating hundreds of Windows VMs

  • To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: 이동규[NBP] <dongq.lee@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 17:15:38 +0900
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 06 Nov 2009 00:16:30 -0800

It would take painful time if we go through each configuration step of
installing windows while we create a few hundreds of Windows VMs. In case of
Linux VMs, it is not too hard to create large number of VMs because we easily
mount VM images from Dom0 to changes system configurations such as IP,
Hostname, Mac Address, etc.

Is it possible to copy Windows Images from template Windows Image and change
their configurations from Dom0?
or RIS(Remote Installation Service)/WDS(Window Deployment Service)can be used
in Xen Environment?

Any hints would be greatly appreciated.

Dongkyu Lee