Re: [Xen-users] tutorial needed

No I do not have a pre compiled binary with the distribution I am
using my laptop on which Ubuntu 9.04 edition is installed as you
suggested me that there are patches from Novel which can be used on a
new hardware since the kernel 2.6.18 which is the official kernel may
be old in my case so my wifi may not work what I have done till now is
I downloaded from
http://wiki.xensource.com/
the link you said
http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenDom0Kernels
does not shows Ubuntu 9.04 it shows the 8.04 Hardy TLS edition due to
wifi driver I am using this 9.04 so may I might have missed some of
the development packages which might be needed then as per your
suggestion I have downloaded
from here http://code.google.com/p/gentoo-xen-kernel/downloads/list
the patch

but I am not clear with how to use this patch how to use it
 I did extracted the downloaded pre compiled xen-3.4.1 in /usr/src and
run following as root
#make world
and make install   KERNELS="linux-2.6-xen0 linux-2.6-xenU"
since it was given in the read me to that for dom0 we can give it like
written above now
I have never used a kernel patch so not clear with this thing
I do not have any Hyper Visior tools installed on my computer ,
I will make it clear
I purchased a laptop and installed Ubuntu on it now I want to use Xen
and then install gues Operating Systems on it on net I came across
some blogs tutorials etc etc some how I came to know that I need to do
bridge forwarding from LAN to wifi since wifi does not runs in promisc
mode which guest OSes might be needing before I can do all that I
started to download kernels available here and there from kernel.org
and other sites then some one made clear that it is only the 2.6.18
kernel which is officially supported and that is in mercurial
repository this term "mercurial" is new for me and then suggested me
to use git of Jeremmy who is the developer so I am right now in very
early stages
currently the kernel that I downloaded in /usr/src from the download
section of xensource.com website and it is a pre compiled kernel I
guess so it asked me a few options which I was not aware randomly did
answered yes and no to them without even beign clear of their
meanings.