Re: [Xen-users] Re: How to Backup and Restore MBR within Logical Volumes?

On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 4:52 PM, Mr. Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming)
<space.time.universe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Now I can proceed with writing the
> backup and restore script for my Fedora 11 Dom0 (all partitions using LVM2
> logical volumes) and all of my Xen virtual machines (contained in logical
> volumes).

A reminder though: don't forget to create a "consistent", unchanging
version of domU storage before doing backup. Either by shutting down
domU, or by creating LVM snapshot first.

Also, if it comes to Windows domUs, I find ntfsclone is better than
fsarchiver. One of the reasons is that fsarchiver can not create
compressed files during restore.

--
Fajar