Re: [Xen-users] Move domU lvm based to another dom0

Cristian Rojas wrote:
Thanks Fajar, how do you normally copy the LVM storage to another dom0?

Personally I mount the volumes in each Dom0 and use Rsync. Eg :

On server2, make filesystems etc, and mount them on /mnt.

On server1, mount filesystems on /mnt

then :
rsync -avH --numeric-ids /mnt/ root@server2:/mnt/

There isn't really a right or wrong way - they all have their pros and cons. I'm just used to rsync and using it allows me to easily alter filesystem sizes and/or mountpoint layouts if required. Eg, if you've decided to put /var/spool/mail on it's own volume, you can just do the extra mount on the destination and everything gets sorted in the copy (apart from tweaking fstab that is).

--
Simon Hobson