RE: [Xen-users] Which variables should be set in hypervisor using first time

  • To: "'Tapas Mishra'" <tapas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Bo Jiang" <bjiang@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 15:17:38 -0500
  • Cc:
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 12:18:23 -0800

I also met such a problem. As I mentioned in another thread "[Xen-users]
difference between Xen and Dom0 kernel", the configuration of xen's
installation is really confusing. If no existing .config given, the makefile
will create one with create_config.sh script and then make changes based on
it. The following choices that Tapas are just the changes it will make to
the config file generated by create_config.sh. If we want to use an existing
config file, e.g., ubuntu's default config (like /boot/config-2.6.27-xxx),
these choices would be much more.

Would anybody direct me to a subset of choices that are the most important
for Xen's installation? At the same time I'll also try the config options
given by http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenParavirtOps.

Thank you very much!

Best,
Brendan