[Xen-users] VLAN interface stops working after XEN Loads Centos 5.4 XEN

Greetings All,

I have installed a second XEN server with a VLAN interface. When XEN loads I my VLAN interface stops working. IE I can't ping the default gateway.

I set it up the same way I did my other server. I'm not seeing any errors on loading.

If I don't load XEN the interfaces work as expected.

I'm either missing something or the there is something different between the two. They are different hardware configs.

Here is how I have it setup.

in xend-config.sxp

I have changed the line

# It is possible to use the network-bridge script in more complicated
# scenarios, such as having two outgoing interfaces, with two bridges, and
# two fake interfaces per guest domain.  To do things like this, write
# yourself a wrapper script, and call network-bridge from it, as appropriate.
#
(network-script network-bridge-2)   <<< changed to network-bridge-2

in /etc/xen/scripts/network-bridge-2

#!/bin/sh
dir=$(dirname "$0")
"$dir/network-bridge" "$@" vifnum=2 netdev=eth0.500
"$dir/network-bridge" "$@" vifnum=1 netdev=eth0

------------

My interneral network is using the native vlan on this cisco switch
ifcfg-eth0
# nVidia Corporation MCP79 Ethernet
DEVICE=eth0
BOOTPROTO=none
ONBOOT=yes
HWADDR=00:1f:bc:03:4e:49
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
IPADDR=192.168.1.177
TYPE=Ethernet

My external network is on the VLAN 500
# Intel Corporation 82566DM-2 Gigabit Network Connection
# x ='s my public interface address portions which I've masked blotted out for this email
VLAN=yes
DEVICE=eth0.500
BOOTPROTO=none
BROADCAST=x.x.x.x
HWADDR=00:1f:bc:03:4e:49
IPADDR=x.x.x.x
NETMASK=255.255.255.224
NETWORK=x.x.x.x
ONBOOT=yes
GATEWAY=x.x.x.x
TYPE=Ethernet

As soon as i load xend the vlan.500 interface stops working. Now this setup is working on my neighboring machine flawlessly. Granted all different hardware