Re: [Xen-users] Compiled DomU doesn't boot on CentOS 5.4 Dom0 -- (kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init!)

On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 7:16 AM, Bo Jiang <bjiang@xxxxxx> wrote:

> In summary, the booting process of DomU hangs with the following as the last
> lines:
> "SCSI subsystem initialized
> Initializing USB Mass Storage driver...
> usbcore: registered new driver usb-storage USB Mass Storage support
> registered.
> Adaptec aacraid driver (1.1-5[2409]-mh2) Kernel panic - not syncing:
> Attempted to kill init!"

Short story: I find that newer kernels (pv_ops or forward-ported suse
kernel) is somewhat tricky. Like when you choose a wrong config option
it can refuse to boot with no apparent cause. So I suggest you try
with a known good .config first.

Attached is my config, for use with
http://x17.eu/xen/linux-2.6.29.6-xen.aka.suse-xenified-2.6.29-62.1-rebased.patches.by.andrew.lyon.tar.gz

This config is domU-specific, 64bit kernel, with drivers for physical
devices (including aacraid) NOT built, and most drivers required for
domU to boot (like xen vbd, ext3, etc.) built in.

--
Fajar