Re: [Xen-users] Can't boot VM in single user

Fajar A. Nugraha wrote:
On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 1:09 AM, Madison Kelly <linux@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all,

 For some reason, one of my VMs running CentOS5.4 x86_64 stopped booting all
the way... It gets to: "Starting HAL daemon: [ OK ]" then nothing else. I've
tried killing it and adding 'single' and '1' to the 'extra' command in the
config file, but it doesn't seem to effect how it boots.

Do you use pygrub? The default installation (e.g. if you use
virt-install/virt-manager) will use pygrub, so the "single" parameter
should go to domU's /boot/grub/menu.lst, not on Xen config file.

I am using pygrub... Can I manipulate pygrub to pass on kernel arguments when I can't otherwise connect to a domU?

Madi

PS - For unknown reasons, I regained access to the domU, but I would still like to sort this out in case there is a next time.