Re: [Xen-users] Updating DomUs kernels

Hi,

i don't think CentOS 5.4 pvgrub/pygrub support drbd disk which is essential for my HA cluster with non interruptive failover. Will look into it.

Regards,
M.

Fajar A. Nugraha wrote:
On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 9:36 PM, Martin Gombac( <martin@xxxxxx> wrote:

kernel = "/bootvirts/vmlinuz-2.6.26-2-xen-amd64"
ramdisk = "/bootvirts/initrd.img-2.6.26-2-xen-amd64"
disk = ['drbd:r0,sda1,w']
root = "/dev/sda1 ro"

What i'm wondering now is, how the kernel updating will work or how it's
supposed to work? User of this virtual machine will be able to update the
kernel on drbd device (in his virtual machine) but not in /bootvirts/ on
Dom0, as it's not accessible from within virtual machine. Or am I mistaken?

... and that is exactly why by default RHEL/Centos uses pygrub :)
With pygrub/pvgrub, domU kernel is located on domU filesystem, so that
users can update it themselves.