Re: [Xen-users] Vnc with Xen

On Fri, Dec 04, 2009 at 10:41:55AM +0100, Nicolas Michel wrote:
> Pasi Kärkkäinen a écrit :
> >On Thu, Dec 03, 2009 at 03:18:53PM +0530, Tapas Mishra wrote:
> >>How can I use Vnc with Xen I have a CentOS machine on which Xen is
> >>installed and working and I saw DomU using GUI of virt-manager
> >>
> >>I want to access the CenOS machine with a Laptop via SSH and then use
> >>VNC to view desktop
> >>

> >Enable ssh X11 forwarding and then you can run for example
> >'virt-manager' or 'virt-viewer' from dom0 command line and see it in
> >your local X on the desktop/laptop.
>
> Is there a way to use some GUI client to control a debian dom0 which has
> no X11 running (server only in command line but client like a laptop do
> have a graphical environment)?

Yes, exactly what I just wrote.
No need to have X server on the dom0. Enable ssh X11 forwarding, and you
can run the apps from the dom0 and display them on your laptop.

Or if you're using virt-manager you can also directly connect to
libvirtd on the dom0 from your laptop running virt-manager.

-- Pasi