RE: [Xen-users] GPLPV driver Send performance

> > Have you tried changing TCP offload settings on Windows side?
>
> Ah, that's the solution. I switched off now Large Send Offload.
> Probably the somewhat old XEN which is used by RHEL doesn't do the
> right things with it.
> Only bad point: Switching it off killed the network connection and
> only a reboot off the windows guest solved that. Now I have the
> following numbers:

Just out of interest, is the send being done to a physical machine or
another VM? Offload is a bit of a funny thing... in my case I have
problems when the packet goes from a Windows DomU running GPLPV with
offload or even Linux with offload onto a bridge in Dom0 and then out a
vlan on a physical adapter. It looks like my network adapter doesn't
support offload and vlan tagging when used together, but Linux doesn't
seem to be aware of that and tries to give the card a packet to be
offloaded, with obvious results.

James