[Xen-users] Slow (RAM?) performance using Xen (3.2.3) kernel -- dual AMD Opteron (h2000m)

Greetings,

I have 3 SLES 10 SP3 servers running Xen (3.2.3). The motherboard is a Tyan S3992 h2000M and I have dual quad-core AMD Opterons wit 8GiB RAM. The board's BIOS is up to date.

When I boot the Xen kernel, memory performance seems very slow:

$ time memhog 100m
mbind: Function not implemented
get_mempolicy: Function not implemented

real 0m1.117s
user 0m0.148s
sys 0m0.944s

With the non-Xen SMP kernel, the performance is par with all other servers:

$ time memhog 100m

real 0m0.222s
user 0m0.104s
sys 0m0.108s

Does anyone have a clue why this is happening? I've tried various memory settings in the BIOS, but no apparent change occurs.

Thanks!