Re: [Xen-users] No filesystem could mount root

On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 2:36 AM, jonas kellens <jonas.kellens@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> kernel = "/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.18-164.6.1.el5xen"

So you want to install PV domU?

> vif = [ 'type=ioemu, bridge=xenbr0' ]

type=ioemu is unnecessary, and might cause problems

> disk = [ 'file:/var/vm/endian/endian.img,sda,w',
> 'phy:/dev/cdrom,xvdc:cdrom,r' ]

You didn't say what OS you're trying to install. Most Linux distros
that I know of can't install PV guest from cdrom/iso.

> device_model = '/usr/lib/xen-default/bin/qemu-dm'
> # boot on floppy (a), hard disk (c) or CD-ROM (d)
> # default: hard disk, cd-rom, floppy
> boot="dc"

I don't think those lines mean anything on PV domU. Where did you base
your domU config from?

> stdvga=0
> serial='pty'
> usbdevice='tablet'

AFAIK these ones also have meaning in HVM domU, not PV

> When starting the vm I am able to take a quick look into the terminal through
> virt-manager (the reason why I installed it) and I added the screenshot.

Since you have virt-manager anyway, why not start with letting it
create a domU config file for you?
Easiest way to install some (e.g. Centos, Fedora) PV domU from scratch
is by using http install mirror.

--
Fajar