[Xen-users] Jeremy's GIT-tree and network problems

Hi!

My setup with two NICs: Dom0 is my working platform. DomU is my firewall system which establishes the PPP connection to my internet provider. One NIC is used for the internal network (Dom0 and DomU have IP addresses in this network), the other NIC is only bridged to DomU and is used for the PPP connection.

Both systems are 64bit versions of Debian/Testing with XEN version 3.4.2.

Until now my Dom0 kernel was a 2.6.29.5 with xen-patches-2.6.29-6.tar.bz2. This works very well. Now I was trying Jeremyâs GIT tree. I tried the following versions:
2.6.31.5-Dom0-00500-g34013be
2.6.31.6-Dom0-00696-g41a0695

I donât have any problems using these versions as DomU kernel, but if I try to use them as Dom0 kernel, I donât have internet connection from the Dom0. I can connect to the DomU, which has a working internet connection. If I try to connect to the internet from Dom0, I see the packages leaving the PPP interface (masqueraded as it should be), but I donât receive respons packages.

Going back to 2.6.29.5 for the Dom0 solves the problem.

Any idea what this could be? Thanks for your answers!

Shade and sweet water!

        Stephan

--
| Stephan Seitz             E-Mail: stse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx |