Re: [Xen-users] Resolve "Time went backwards" problem by using jiffies as clocksource

You're welcome.  I'm not 100% sure the clock source fix actually works
that well and it also raises the issue that every domU which syncs it's
own clock is using more CPU time than one that doesn't.  Not a lot more,
but more nonetheless.  Also you'll notice when you startup the recommended
xen domU it will raise some errors about modules failing to work.  If you
compile your own you can get a much better domU but it is more work.

I'm not sure you can say any distro concentrates more.  I suppose you
could argue that Citrix's XenServer is the best option if you want a
no-hassle Xen option.  I've never used it because I have invested time and
money in developing my own tools for my own customers.  Others I know use
it and really like it - choice is a good thing (tm).

I currently use CentOS for my dom0 with Xen installed either from source
or using the Gitco Xen repository.  Given the choice I would use debian as
my distro of choice, but as you've already heard the Xen implementation in
Lenny is awful -most out of character for debian, imho.  I used CentOS
because it was the next best option.  I haven't tried any other distro.

I am keeping a very close eye on OpenSolaris.  The combo of ZFS, their
Crossbow network virtualisation and Xen (or XVM in Sun marketing speak)
has a lot of promise.  Throw in their OpenHA cluster and the other
enterprisey stuff you can do with solaris and it could be very good.  Once
there is a release version of OpenSolaris with a Sun support option (and
the whole Oracle takeover thing is sorted) I may well jump.  Its not
production ready yet though.

HTH,

Matt.