Re: [Xen-users] Existing windows server to XEN howto?

On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 8:18 PM, Mr Gabriel <gabriel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I would like to move an existing W2K3 install onto my new super duper xen
> box -- Installing linux based machine is no issue, it's the windows ones
> that keep getting me. I have Acronis which we usually use for bare metal
> restores, and it seems that bare metal restores don't want to work too well
> with XEN, any assistance/help/ideas ?

Whatever restore method you normally use should work, as long as:
- you enabled acpi, apic, and pae on domU config file
- your windows installation has IDE drivers installed (see
http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Migrate_Windows . Not sure if it'd work
for W2K3 as well though).

--
Fajar