[Xen-users] dedicated nvidia for domU

  • To: Xen Users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Brian Krusic <brian@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 11:51:28 -0800
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 04 Jan 2010 11:52:10 -0800

Hi all,

I've a need for one of my domUs to do some opengl (command line stuff).

I've looked around the net, both some old threads on this list and the nvidia list.

It sounds like I can run a second graphics card like an Nvidia and compile nvidia support into the domUs kernel.

Then via some "-shartvt vt1" which I have no idea what it means, to cause my domU of interest to use the 2nd card.

Anyone mind chiming in?

This domU is an intranet server needing to do image manipulation via command line which requires opengl. Its basically running batch commands on the fly upon client (browser) requests.

- Brian