Re: [Xen-users] Distro upgrade in ubuntu PV guest?

  • To: Boris Derzhavets <bderzhavets@xxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Thiago Camargo Martins Cordeiro <thiagocmartinsc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 15:56:42 -0200
  • Cc: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <fajar@xxxxxxxxx>, howard chen <howachen@xxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 08 Jan 2010 09:59:23 -0800

Finally I have the Ubuntu Karmic running as PV machine under my open source Xen and XenServer 5.5...

There is only one kernel package with support for Xen (CONFIG_XEN=y), and it is: "linux-ec2".

So, I have read this guide: http://community.citrix.com/display/ocb/2008/07/02/Installing+Ubuntu+on+XenServer;jsessionid=C126EB0931801626CB857A098C195EAE

And before convert my VM from HVM to PVM, I install the right kernel with:

aptitude install linux-ec2 grub
update-grub
vim /boot/grub/menu.lst (to change uuid to root (hd0,0))...

Cheers!
Thiago

2009/11/30 Boris Derzhavets <bderzhavets@xxxxxxxxx>
> Well, apparently the Karmic's kernel that have support for running as Xen pv domU is
> the -generic version...
It has   -server version. Details here:-

http://www.linuxtoday.com/high_performance/2009112800135OSSV

Boris.