Re: [Xen-users] Does xen 3.4.2 support EXT4 filesystem?

EXT4 is not part of Xen, it's part of the Linux kernel that runs in dom0 on
Xen.  Gentoo's Xen kernel should run fine on the Xen 3.4.2 tarball from the Xen
site.  Xen's site only has the 2.6.18 kernel, which probably does not include
EXT4.  You could try to find someone who has back-ported EXT4 to 2.6.18, but
I'm not sure that's actually happened.

-Nick

>>> On 2010/01/12 at 19:25, Yunfeng Xu <hywl51@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I currently use the xen-3.4.2 tarball from http://www.xen.org/. What
> are the differences between officail version and the gentoo version?
> Does it means the official version don't support the newer kernel
> version with the mint8(2.6.31-14), so gentoo makes the patch?
>
> On 1/12/10, Boris Derzhavets <bderzhavets@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> All entries bellow have root=/sdb11 ro console=tty0 compiled as built-in
>> string (root FS is ext4)
>> 2.6.31.8(9) xen-ified aka Suse kernels via Andy Lyon's rebased patch sets :-
>>
>> http://gentoo-xen-kernel.googlecode.com/files/xen-patches-2.6.31-10.tar.bz2
>>  for vanilla 2.6.31.9
>> http://gentoo-xen-kernel.googlecode.com/files/xen-patches-2.6.31-9.tar.bz2
>>  for vanilla 2.6.31.8
>>
>> menuentry "Xen 3.4 / Ubuntu 9.10 kernel 2.6.31.9 xenified" {
>> insmod ext2
>> set root=(hd1,10)
>> multiboot (hd1,10)/xen-3.4.gz
>> module (hd1,10)/vmlinuz-2.6.31.9
>> module (hd1,10)/initrd-2.6.31.9.img
>> }
>>
>> menuentry "Xen 3.4 / Ubuntu 9.10 kernel 2.6.31.8 xenified" {
>> insmod ext2
>> set root=(hd1,10)
>> multiboot (hd1,10)/xen-3.4.gz
>> module (hd1,10)/vmlinuz-2.6.31.8
>> module (hd1,10)/initrd-2.6.31.8.img
>> }
>>
>> menuentry "Xen 3.4 / Ubuntu 9.10 kernel 2.6.31.6 pvops" {
>> insmod ext2
>> set root=(hd1,10)
>> multiboot (hd1,10)/xen-3.4.gz
>> module (hd1,10)/vmlinuz-2.6.31.6
>> module (hd1,10)/initrd-2.6.31.6.img
>> }
>>
>> Every entry works.
>>
>> Boris.

--------
This e-mail may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use
of the intended recipient.  If this email is not intended for you, or you are
not responsible for the delivery of this message to the intended recipient,
please note that this message may contain SEAKR Engineering (SEAKR)
Privileged/Proprietary Information.  In such a case, you are strictly
prohibited from downloading, photocopying, distributing or otherwise using this
message, its contents or attachments in any way.  If you have received this
message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to this e-mail and
delete the message from your mailbox.  Information contained in this message
that does not relate to the business of SEAKR is neither endorsed by nor
attributable to SEAKR.