Re: [Xen-users] Problem with Debian for create machine virtual from Centos

On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 3:21 AM, Bruno Steven <aspenbr@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> kernel = "/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.18-92.el5xen"
> ramdisk = "/boot/initrd-2.6.18-92.el5xen.img"

> Why I can do Debian recognize the virtual storage system of XEN ?

Short story: you're using Centos kernel and initrd for Debian. That
won't work. Modern distro usually needs their own initrd.

How proficient are you with Xen/Linux? If you prefer mostly to use
GUI, then the easiest way is to use virt-install, create
fully-virtualized (HVM) Debian guest with install media from cdrom,
and convert it to PV (manually) later. To succesfully install HVM
guest you need CPU with hardware virtualization support
(intel-vt/amd-v)

If you're familiar with chroot, apt-get, update-grub, and other
command line tools, it should be possible to create a suitable initrd
for your stacklet image.

--
Fajar