Re: [Xen-users] pv_ops domU crashes on pv_ops dom0 (directly at boot)

On Tuesday 19 January 2010 18:43:57 Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:
> > GNU gdb 6.8-debian
> > Copyright (C) 2008 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
> > License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later
> > <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html> This is free software: you are free to
> > change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted
> > by law.  Type "show copying" and "show warranty" for details.
> > This GDB was configured as "x86_64-linux-gnu"...
> > (gdb) x/i 0xffffffff8100930a
> > 0xffffffff8100930a <hypercall_page+778>:    add    %al,(%rax)
> > (gdb) list *0xffffffff8100930a
> > No source file for address 0xffffffff8100930a.
>
> Try running gdb in the kernel source directory to get the lines from the
>  source file!

I feared you would say that :)
The problem is: I've run gdb in the kernel build directory but it seems gdb
really can't find the source for this memory address. If I use the memory
address below the problematic line in the xenctx call trace (ffffffff811e4a2e)
I get code from gdb...
But maybe it's just my fault - I'm really no expert in debuggers in common or
gdb in special ;)

Regards,
Markus