Re: [Xen-users] Help: cannot attach to the domain's console. why?

On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 9:53 AM, ma qiang <maqiang1984@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> kernel = "/usr/lib/xen/boot/hvmloader"
> builder = 'hvm'

> After that, the system runs ok, nothing wrong. I can attach to this
> domain's VNC server by using "xm vncviewer test".
> However, now if I use "xm console test",  nothing print, like the command
> hangs.

"xm vncviewer" -> connects to domU's GUI (vga/tty1). This is enabled by default
"xm console" -> connects to domU's "serial" console (ttyS0 on hvm
guests, xvc0/hvc0 on PV guests). Not enabled by default.

Had you install Centos domU with "console=ttyS0", it would setup the
serial console. Since it's already running, you need to setup serial
console manually. Something like
http://www.linuxdynasty.org/how-to-setup-serial-console-on-linux.html

--
Fajar