Re: [Xen-users] Why domU not start automatically after server reboot

Le dimanche 24 janvier 2010 Ã 16:59 +0800, John Wang a Ãcrit :
> Hello there,
>
> I have new installed a debian lenny server(intel Xeon E5504, 4 cores) with
> xen(3.2-1) vms . A problem is when I reboot the serve(with domU status is
> "-b----"),  the domU will not get started automatically after the server
> booted.   But i can start those domUs by using the command "xm create
> myDomU1.cfg"  in the shell prompt with on error.
>
> The domu can restart automatically orginially. But when i change some
> configuration, it now failed to restart. unfortunatelly i dont know which
> settings cause the problem.
>
> I check the xend.log and found some error message(see below).
>
> Anyone can help ?
>
> The following information may help you to figure out the problem:
>
> My configured domUs(I start them manually) :

Hello,

A domain created with "xm create" is created, runs but is not
"catalogued" so the machine can't even start !
If you want "persistent" domains you have to create them with the
"xm new " command. So the machine are registered and should start with
"xm start".
When the machines are OK, you copy their description files to
"/etc/xen/auto" if you want then start at boot. But I don't like that
solution (with /etc/xen/auto) as the start is often a little bit to
early eg : NFS or Iscsi mounts are not OK ...
I prefer to do a start mith my own script when all the machine is
started (start NFS and Iscsi at init level 3) and I start the machines
at init level 5.

Regards

JP Pozzi