RE: [Xen-users] ip conntrack table full

> > 'cat /proc/net/ip_conntrack' will tell you what's in the conntrack
> > database. Have a look in there and see if it's what you expect...
> >

> net.ipv4.netfilter.ip_conntrack_count = 65536
> net.ipv4.netfilter.ip_conntrack_max = 65536
>
> Being full that's what I'd expect, what I don't understand is why
they're
> filling up.

That's why you need to 'cat /proc/net/ip_conntrack' and see what's in
there. It will tell you about all the connections it's tracking. Could
be full of SSH portscans. Maybe you have a spambot on your network?
Could be anything, but you need to get an understanding of the actual
connections, not just a count of them.

There is also a tool in the netfilter suite that can do a live listing
of any new connection that gets added and removed.

James