Re: [Xen-users] ip conntrack table full

On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 5:08 PM, jim burns <jim_burn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> This whole conntrack design strikes me as a serious bug that can lead to DOS
> attacks, even assuming that the counter is 32 bits. And I'm not comfortable
> with dom0 "snooping"/recording traffic on domu, isolation wise. (Yeah, I know,
> anybody can run tcpdump or wireshark on bridged traffic, but this is all being
> recorded. At least it's not world readable.)

That depends on your design.
On my system, dom0 does bridging. It doesn't filter (nor track) domU's
connections. Thus I don't have to worry about DOS in this case.

It's only normal that DOS attacks to domU can bring down the firewall
as well. So if you're worry about this you shouldn't use dom0 as
firewall.

--
Fajar