Re: [Xen-users] GPLPV 0.11.0.188 & Server 2008R2 Testsigning

  • To: Nick Couchman <Nick.Couchman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Andrew Lyon <andrew.lyon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 21:20:23 +0000
  • Cc: XEN Mailing List <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 13:21:49 -0800

On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 9:05 PM, Nick Couchman <Nick.Couchman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm attempting to install GPLPV drivers 0.11.0.188 x64 on Windows Server
> 2008R2 Enterprise edition.  I've enabled Test Signing via the following
> bcdedit command:
>
> bcdedit /set {current} testsigning on
>
> I was able to install 0.10.0.142, but when I try to run the 0.11.0.188
> installer I get the error message that test signing must be enabled and the
> installer exits.  I have rebooted in between the above command and attempting
> to install the drivers, and I have the "Test Mode Windows Server 2008 R2
> Enterprise Build 7600" text in the lower-right corner of the desktop.  Is
> there something else I'm missing?
>
> Thanks,
> Nick
>

> --------
> This e-mail may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use
> of the intended recipient.  If this email is not intended for you, or you are
> not responsible for the delivery of this message to the intended recipient,
> please note that this message may contain SEAKR Engineering (SEAKR)
> Privileged/Proprietary Information.  In such a case, you are strictly
> prohibited from downloading, photocopying, distributing or otherwise using
> this message, its contents or attachments in any way.  If you have received
> this message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to this
> e-mail and delete the message from your mailbox.  Information contained in
> this message that does not relate to the business of SEAKR is neither
> endorsed by nor attributable to SEAKR.

Did you reboot after enabling testsigning? If so then you have hit a
known bug that James has already fixed, see
http://xenbits.xensource.com/ext/win-pvdrivers.hg?rev/2fd1373b5794 the
installer is looking for "/testsigning" but the value is
"testsigning", you can work around it by changing this key so that is
has a leading / :

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\CurrentControlSet\Control\SystemStartOptions

As soon as you have got past that stage of the installer you can
change the key back, I did exactly that because I have experienced
occasional crashes when installing gplpv and I am not sure if setting
the value to /testsigning would actually enable testsigning, so if the
system did crash it might then reboot without testsigning enabled
which will surely fail if the drivers have been installed!

Andy