Re: [Xen-users] how to dynamically increase domU's memory?

On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 1:08 PM, Rudi Ahlers <Rudi@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Nick,
>
> I already tried "xm mem-set" before I posted this, but it didn't do
> anything, other than altering the memory value in the domU configuration
> file.
>
> The dom0 server is on CentOS 5.4 x64, and the domU as well.
> So, if I want this feature, then what should I have enabled / installed?

Is it PV domU? If yes, you can try putting a setting like this on domU config

memory = "4000"
maxmem = "8000"

in that example, domU will start with 4000M memory, but you'll be able
to increase it later with "xm mem-set" up to 8000MB. Note that there
are some memory overhead necessary to be able to balloon-up, so you
should set a realistic value for maxmem.

--
Fajar