[Xen-community] Xen.org Weekly Newsletter Vol 10 No 4

Welcome to the new Xen.org weekly newsletter with a variety of information to keep you updated on all things Xen. This newsletter is an upgrade from my previous weekly communications and is meant to offer a broader scope of Xen.org activities. Please feel free to contact me with suggestions for the newsletter.

Xen News

    * Oracle completes acquisition of Sun – Info here

    * Xen.org Mascot Contest – Win $100 by submitting the best idea for a community mascot. More here

Xen Events

    * SCALE 2010 in Los Angeles, CA from Feb 19-21, 2010 – If you are interested in assisting at the booth (and showing your Xen related solution) please contact me

    * Xen Summit North America April 21-22, 2010 – Program Committee Announced

    * Citrix Synergy May 11 – 13 in San Francisco, CA – If you are interested in assisting at the booth (and showing your Xen related solution) please contact me

    * SouthEast LinuxFest 2010 June 12-13, 2010 in Spartanburg, SC – If you are interested in assisting at the booth (and showing your Xen related solution) please contact me

    * Bring Xen.org to an event near year – Do you know of an event near you that would be served by having a Xen.org booth? If so, I have a proposal for working together to support that event here

Xen Products

    * Xen 4.0.0 Release Candidate 2 available

    * New Xen Documentation – 7 new user support WIKI pages available

    * Xen.org Overview in Chinese and English

    * Xen.org Slides in Portuguese

Xen Members in Action

    * Busy week in Xen mailing lists – thanks to Pasi Kärkkäinen, Daniel Stodden, Yunhong Jiang, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk, and Fajar A. Nugraha for their great support in assisting users and developers this week

    * Thanks to Heechul Kim from Korea who will be assisting me at SCALE next month

Xen Weekly Statistics

    * Project Golden Ratio is underway with various items being tracked. I will highlight different numbers in the newsletter with full reports to the community on a monthly and quarterly basis.

   *  Xen.org Website Stats from Jan 14 – 21

    * 18,854 visitors for week

    * ~30% of all visitors from United States (4,389) and Germany (1,384)

   *  2009 SlideShare.net Stats for Xen.org (here)

    * 90 Presentations Uploaded

    * 25,895 viewings

    * Most Popular Presentation is Memory Management in Xen

Stephen Spector

Xen.org Community Manager

T: (772) 621-5062 | F: (772) 365-0338 | M: (954) 854-4257

stephen.spector@xxxxxxx

http://blog.xen.org | @xen_com_mgr