Re: [Xen-users] [Fwd: DHCP and DomUs troubles]

On Sun, Jan 31, 2010 at 8:48 PM, Arnaud JAYET <ajayet@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Interesting. But how can you specify a specific network or vif script inside
> a domU .cfg config file ?
> I don't see any explanation about this in Xen user documentation.

run "xm create --help_config | grep vif"
You'll see all possible parameters for vif. Here's what I use on one domU:

vif =   [
        'mac=00:16:3E:F3:AE:C0, bridge=br102, script=vif-bridge-snmp,
vifname=rad-eth0',
        ]

> A more general question above my specific DHCP problem. Is it a good idea to
> always disable tx (and rx ?) interface checksum for DomUs (inside domU and
> inside dom0 vif interfaces) ?

TCP checksum offload is supposed to make network faster, so AFAIK it's
a good idea to leave them on. Which is why I suggested you try newer
kernel to see if the problem is fixed there so you can run it with the
default settings.

> In recent Xen version (like 3.4) does the tx/tx checksum are disabled by
> default in domO vif X.Y interfaces and domUs ?

AFAIK It has always been enabled by default. Like I said earlier, it
worked great on RHEL5 :D

--
Fajar