Re: [Xen-users] AsteriskNOW on Xen Choppiness

On Sun, 2010-01-31 at 04:35 -0800, Ian Murray wrote:

> Are people successfully running AsteriskNOW on Xen, and if so can anyone
> suggest anything that might help?

I am running it in production as HVM (using Trixbox CE) without issue.
There are some documented timing issues, however these are normally
experienced when you reach 20+ concurrent calls.

> Am I right in thinking the timing issues of the past should now not be an
> issue?

They are still an issue, but shouldn't be an issue for you yet.

> Is there any mileage in upgrading Xen to the latest 3.3.x or 3.4.x?

Before doing that, if using network-bridge, could you try looking /
tweaking the forward delay, max age and hello settings of the bridge.
I'd at least eliminate it as a cause before re-installing.

Its not going to hurt you to go with the last official Xen release (in
either series), but I don't think its the cause of your issue.

Cheers,
--Tim