Re: [Xen-users] Heavy Dom0 traffic stops network

On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 6:37 PM, Simon Hobson <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> However, it's not just traffic from Dom0 to DomU that does it. I've got a
> big transfer going from another machine copying large amounts of data to the
> same DomU - and ping is showing occasional dropped packets.
>

> So, anyone got hints on what;s causing it, and more importantly, how to fix
> it ?

Do you have traffic limit somewhere? It sounds like the switch your
physical machine connected to has port storm-control or similar. I'd
suggest testing using crossover cable from server <-> laptop and use
iperf (or other packet generators) to isolate the problem.

--
Fajar