[Xen-users] Unable to start HVM guest on Xen-Unstable is this broken?

Hi,

I've recently moved my xen over from 3.4-testing to unstable, to try out 4.0,
and although i got the basics working (pvm machines can boot fine), i can't
seem to get hvm machines to work.

When i start an hvm i get the following messages on the terminal:
root@coruscant:~# xm create xp.hvm
Using config file "/etc/xen/xp.hvm".
Error: Domain 'xp' does not exist.

This is printed on the console:
(XEN) tmem: all pools frozen for all domains
(XEN) tmem: all pools thawed for all domains
(XEN) tmem: all pools frozen for all domains
(XEN) tmem: all pools thawed for all domains
(XEN) memory.c:131:d0 Could not allocate order=9 extent: id=2 memflags=0 (1 of
3)

And in /var/log/xen/qemu-dm-xp i find the following messages:
domid: 2
qemu: the number of cpus is 1
/usr/lib/xen/bin/qemu-dm: invalid option -- '-vcpu_avail'

Initially i thought there must be something wrong with removing/overwriting
the old 3.4 install, however i tried installing from scratch on a Debian
Squeeze system, using the latest xen-unstable mercurial repository, and it
still does not seem to want to start.

When i try to execute qemu-dm from commandline, it also mentions the same
error:
root@coruscant:~# /usr/lib/xen/bin/qemu-dm --vcpu_avail
/usr/lib/xen/bin/qemu-dm: invalid option -- '-vcpu_avail'

Can anyone shed some light on this? I'm in the dark here...
Is this hvm currently broken in xen-unstable? Surely there must be more people
running a hvm domain on xen-unstable? Am i doing something wrong in installing
Xen?

Regards,
Mark.

P.S.
My xp.hvm contains the following:
kernel = '/usr/lib/xen/boot/hvmloader'
builder = 'hvm'
memory = '1024'
device_model='/usr/lib/xen/bin/qemu-dm'
disk = [ 'phy:/dev/mirror/xp,hda,w' ]
name = 'xp'
vif = ['mac=aa:00:00:00:01:09, bridge=loc']
boot='c'
vnc=1
vncviewer=0
vncconsole=1