Re: [Xen-users] Problem with some win3k3 domUs since crash [resolved - removed gplpv]

On Tue, 2010-02-02 at 14:32 -0500, James Pifer wrote:
> Yesterday all of my xen servers went down hard and also lost connection
> to ocfs2. 95% of the domU's came back up ok, but I do have problems with
> a few windows domUs. They seem to start ok, but them immediately lose
> connection to the network. If I have them on DHCP they are on long
> enough to get an address, then they lose connection. If I look at the
> properties of the NIC it says 1GB connection.
>
> I've also tried removing the NICs and adding new ones so they get new
> MAC addresses.
>
> I have a generic win2k3 "image" that I use. I copy it, bring up the
> domU, rename it, and assign static IP, and I have a new windows domU.
> This has always worked in the past but now even that is failing to stay
> on the network.
>
> Any ideas on where the problem could be? This is happening with win2k3
> domUs on both sles10SP2/xen_3.2.x and SLES11/xen_3.4.2.

Not sure why, but somehow GPLPV drivers got hosed on these domUs. I
believe I had version 0.9.10 installed. Manually removing them seemed to
fix it. Not sure what performance implications this will have, but at
least the systems are up now.

James